JOB RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
POSITION TITLE: Service Technician – Level 3
PAY RANGE: $17.00/hr – $24.00/hr
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Level 3 Service Technician repairs and performs basic diagnostics with minimal supervision and has the ability to procure parts and develop service estimates.
DESIRED SKILLS, EDUCATION, and EXPERIENCE: High School diploma or equivalent. Preferred applicants will have a degree in diesel technology or agriculture related experience. Competency in all Level 1-2 Service Technician tasks. Must make continual progress on established training program. Must have an expanded set of tools and acquire additional tools as needed for performing tasks, as determined by the Service Manager. Establish and maintain excellent interpersonal and communication skills, knowledge of computer programs and the ability to use such programs effectively. Must have valid MT Driver’s License, or have the ability to obtain within 6 months.
- Achieve and maintain a rolling 12 Billing Efficiency rate of 90% or higher.
- Achieve “Level 1” certification.
- Participate in Tech-Com training from CNH.
- Achieve and maintain a Billing Efficiency Rate of 90% or higher for a 12 month period.
- Achieve and maintain a Recovery Rate of 85% or higher for a 12 month period.
- A total of 240 hours of OEM training (including carry over hours from Levels 1 and 2).
- Electronically request, if available, the parts needed to complete the job.
- Display competency in all Service Technician tasks.
- Consistently display the ability to accurately diagnose machine systems, with minimal supervision.
- Perform diagnostic skills and plan effective and efficient repairs of machinery, with some assistance.
- Access and effectively use resources such as Dealer Portal, PFW and Asist to assist in diagnosing and repairing machinery.
- Develop service estimates, with minimal supervision.
- Look up parts needed to complete job assignments.
- Accurately complete all reports and documentation required for processing work orders.
- Maintain and properly care for shop tools, equipment, and vehicles.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area consistent with professional image.
- Accommodate seasonal scheduling requirements, including overtime and field work.
- Tackle new problems and adapt to new situations.
- Ability to handle ongoing interruptions while maintaining a friendly and professional attitude.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills in all aspects of business, including communications with customers, employees, management, and vendors.
- Timely submission of completed paperwork to include well written descriptions of work completed so the customer has complete understanding of work performed and/or warranty can be easily submitted.
- Complete all duties in a manner consistent with established safety policies and procedures, assist others in observing safety, and set an above-standard safety example.
- Complete all duties in a manner consistent with Torgerson LLC‘s mission, vision, value, and philosophy.
- Maintain professional courtesy toward fellow employees and customers.
- Follow all company standards based on the employee, drug & alcohol and safety handbooks.
- Perform any additional duties and training as deemed necessary by management.
- Ability to travel unsupervised and complete repairs in the field, if needed.
- Understand the basics and operations of the equipment including GPS guidance systems.
- Effectively, accurately, and efficiently use basic functions in PFW, such as time clock and customer portal.
- Perform walking, standing, climbing, heavy lifting, carrying, stooping, bending, kneeling, and reaching. Work in extreme weather conditions, outdoors and indoors, with greasy parts and tools while in awkward or uncomfortable positions, around moving objects, and with vehicles and machinery with moving parts. Frequent exposure to dampness and humidity, toxic chemicals, exhaust fumes, gasoline and diesel fuels.
- The service technician’s level will be evaluated upon technician’s request, upon manager’s request, or at a minimum of once a year.
Apply for the service technician openings in person at the Havre or Ethridge location. You may also apply online at www.torgerson.biz
Torgerson’s is an equal opportunity employer.